contact me

Email me at debbie travelling AT gmail DOT com

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A few new parts and pieces

As you can see, the kitchen has now all been torn out.  This week has started off rather discouragingly with the construction, as it's sometimes hard to see where things are going, but little things help!
 
Below are the glass blocks we've added to the kitchen wall to bring more light in from the south, without adding more heat from the sun, which seems to always shine here in Progreso :)
 

 
The window is out, so the opening gets covered up with some of the scaffolding planks when the crew leaves at night.

 
My hard working honey in his working attire!

 
Me with my new sun and moon for the wall in the backyard behind the pool.  I'm really excited about these, and their pattern of cutout clay matches the lamps we've chosen for outside exactly.


 
And my beautiful talavera sink to match the tiles we used in the backyard in our garden edges for the backyard bathroom.  And a glass block!  Okay, so pretty things help remind me that it will someday be great!!  Right?! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment