contact me

Email me at debbie travelling AT gmail DOT com

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Days start early and with beautiful sunrises!


 So, fall is still a very warm time in the Yucatan, so when we wake up it's often 26 or 27 degrees.
 
Which means that in order to keep up our work outs, Vic and I tend to get up, often before sunrise, in order to find the coolest part of the day possible.

 
This particular morning I was heading out for a run while Vic slept in.  Due to his sore knee, the poor guy hasn't run since June.  He does like his sleep though, so this is not a bad thing.
 
We have done a few 60km bike rides, usually starting well before sunrise, using our fancy headlamps we purchased from street vendors for 60 pesos in order to see the topes (speed bumps), and holes (or large puddles lately, as we have had some significant rains too)!

 
And I'm pleased to say I have found another running partner (although I sure miss my old one - okay, he's not that old - ha!). A mother of 4 from California who has taken a year sabbatical to spend here in Progreso with her kids and significant other, Sabrina, has become my 3 runs/week partner. 
 
We met on the street one day when I was out running, and she invited us to her boyfriend's birthday party the next night.  It's really very easy to meet other expats and snowbirds in Progreso, as we all tend to seek each other out and mesh quickly.

 
And after a hard workout, it's wonderful to come home to Neek Kaan, and the beautiful, newly remodeled swimming pool, with its new, never has to be painted again finish.  The water's always refreshing and clean, thanks to our super caretaker couple, Juan and Lupe!





A gorgeous morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment