contact me

Email me at debbie travelling AT gmail DOT com

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Deb places 3rd!

It was an overcast but extremely humid (about 100%) morning
We were up early and off to the 7 am start at the University de Mayab
ANAHUAC
Goldie was not too happy to be up so early, but enjoyed the car ride
Too hot for her to run though
 
 
Caro, me, Jorge and Suemy,
our dentist team, and very good friends,
and now Goldie's temporary summer family :)


Running is very popular, with races almost every weekend now that it's springtime.
Here is the University's mascot

 
It was a typical 5km walk/10km run

 
They have a great warm up session

 
And many of us took part!

 
Ready, set ... Go!

 
Vic's new amigos, the ambulance staff, just in case!

 
And off we all go!

 
I stood out because I wasn't wearing orange!
This is me with just a few hundred meters to go!
Happy to be almost done!

 
And even happier now that I'm under the finish line showers - great invention!

 
A whole row of showers in case we all want to shower at the same time!
Could be a group shower :) Clothes mandatory of course!


And I placed third in my age class, with a great time for me of 51:39! Great trophy, super medals, and I even won $500 (pesos)!


No comments:

Post a Comment