contact me

Email me at debbie travelling AT gmail DOT com

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Local Progreso run, and I came in third place for the old girls!

Jo and Dave flew home early on Sunday morning (6:50 flight, so 4am wake up!),
so since we were up...
 
 
A local 11km race and 5km walk was taking place in Progreso on the highway and you can see me above warming up with the group (back center). High energy music and fun loving people, in awesome bright colours, everywhere!

 
Well attended race considering there were 3 others in the Yucatan area this weekend.
Even the pets are dressed up and raring to go, as this one poses for his picture!

 
My running partner Sabrina is running too, and her other half, Gregg and Vic will take in the 5km walk!

 
My friend Carolina and I are running side by side in the last few kilometers of the race. She is a local runner and our dentist's receptionist!

 
Sabrina and I share a podium moment!

 
As do Vic and I! The first 200 finishers of the event received medals.

 
And we all got these great t-shirts as part of our 80 pesos entry fee (about $6.50 Cdn)! Available in pink or green (in most sizes - no green left when we picked up our kits that morning), and Vic looks great in pink too!

 
And believe it or not, I came in third place for the Veterans category (50 and older - but not much!!).
Not only did this merit a lovely certificate, and I had no idea, but I won 500 pesos!!! ($40 ish Cdn).
I of course had to reinfuse that into the economy so I purchased a nice little running set (tights and top) and still have leftovers for the rest of this year's race entries!
What fun!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment