contact me

Email me at debbie travelling AT gmail DOT com

Monday, March 17, 2014

some of the little things that make being here special

I have had a wonderful time this winter playing in my garden

 
And transplanting things that seem to grow from nothing.
this is a pepper plant that grew behind my amazing chili pepper plant above,
and a branch I cut off my bougainvilla and stuck in a pot of dirt. It actually survived!

 
Not sure what to do with the creeping bougainvilla, but have given it strings to climb
The flowers are amazing!

 
 
Here I've transplanted some of the little variegated purple plants? that Lourdes, our occasional gardener brought me about a month ago. The pots of them were already overflowing!

 
 

 
My mini rose bush which keeps producing roses. I've killed so many of these in Canada!

 
And my little lime tree actually blossoms
 
 
 
and is starting to make fruit!


 
 
More transplants - this whole garden started from one little impatience plant, and clippings off my original coleus.
 


 
 The coleus takes off from nothing but the tipped off foliage and takes off!
The palm in the middle is a sampling of amongst thousands that were in a neighbouring abandoned lot.

 

 
Little babies - They do not seem to like the heat though - they're shade dwellers like me :)

 
And Goldie's owners have offered to share custody of our little girl until we go home! She's back!!
We get to enjoy her during the weekdays, and they have her on weekends. Yeah!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment