contact me

Email me at debbie travelling AT gmail DOT com

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bridal Shower in Merida (el despedido de la soltera)

A new and wonderful experience for me - funny thing - I hadn't been to a bridal shower since my own back in 1985, and now I've been to 2 this year!
Sara's of course, and now my wonderful friend Piwi's son's wife to be!
 
Fun and interesting thing I learned at the shower - Erika will have 19 bridesmaids!!  I asked one of her aunts (I had the pleasure of sitting with Manuel's 4 sisters), if this was the norm and she said no usually 5 or 6.  But when I asked Lorena how many she'd had at her wedding, she'd had 14!!!
 
 
 
On the right is the beautiful Erika, who will be marrying Piwi's son Manuel on January 25th!

 
Different and beautiful desserts - the ones without the bikinis on them were home made by Piwi's daughter, Piwi, and were delicious.  The others look better than they tasted - ha!

 
Piwi and her sister-in-law Lorena.


The food table - again later at night than we eat, but several delicious botanas (snacks) throughout the evening, then salad, meat, bread and rice with cake for dessert at about 10:30.

 
And a couple of fun games - you can see the girls are explaining the rules of the game - and advising that it is the team player that ensconces their pepino (cucumber) the quickest that will win!


Piwi and her beautiful daughter, Piwi above.  We're all having a wonderful time!
 
And yes, I got to dress the cucumber!  And was I fast!

 
Another fun game - Piwi would hold words above various guests' heads that related to the wedding, or honeymoon, etc. and the guests remaining at the table had to give her clues without saying the word(s) itself.  Hilarious!

 
This all took place at Piwi's beautiful new house in North East Merida.

 
Here is Piwi with her 3 girls (daughter Piwi, and daughters-in-law, Lorena and Erika)


And Piwi and me!

 
What a wonderful evening!  Vic and I slept over at Piwi's that night so we could meet our friend Dan at the bus depot in the morning (6am!), so he could fly back to Canada until the new year.  Gracious hosts and super friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment