contact me

Email me at debbie travelling AT gmail DOT com

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Little pleasures

Sometimes it's just the little things that make me happy about being South for the winter.
 
 
Like being able to buy the beautiful and amazing dragon fruits in a local grocery store.
This one wasn't the sweetest, but I did what one of our neighbours had suggested and squeezed a little lime juice and a teaspoon of sugar on it, and it was delicious.

 
Or like being able to buy fresh limes on the street corner in Merida for $10 (pesos), so about 80cents/bag.  I counted and had 30 limes in a bag!

 
I make fresh squeezed limonada regularly, which consists of an ounce of lime juice (I usually squeeze 6 or 7 at a time so it's handy when I want one), one ounce of liquid sugar (available here in all grocery stores for just under $2Cdn per bottle), ice, and sparkling water.  Amazingly delicious and refreshing, especially when it's super hot out! (Like today) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment