contact me

Email me at debbie travelling AT gmail DOT com

Monday, November 11, 2013

The Pumper Truck!

Also known as the Pooper Scooper!
Finally, after many months of asking our crew how we could get the septic checked out, we found our man!  Unfortunately, it was discovered that our septic is currently just a holding tank, and here it costs $2000 (pesos) every time you need to get that cleaned out.
 
 
Which meant that not only was the tank 3/4 full already, but we needed to create a septic field of sorts, to allow the water overflow to disperse.

 
At first I was thinking they would have to dig up our whole back yard!!
But, see the two rings above? Those are the beginnings of how a septic field is created here in Mexico, as a two stage overflow system.  There will actually be 3 rings installed.

 
But first, the system must get emptied.

 
Actually, that's after I had to dig out a section of my garden for the rings to go :(

 
And then the gentlemen went to work - very similar to what happens in Canada with a septic clean out, but different too.

 
The "blackwater" as they call it gets drained as far as their submersible pump can drain, ...

 
And then they climb in to finish bucketing up the rest of the waste! 
Definitely not my idea of the greatest job by any means - yuck!
 
But now we know what needs to be done, they didn't have to dig up our whole yard, and we're back on track - hopefully.  Once Jose and his crew get the septic field constructed, join the two, and I replant my garden!  One step forward, two steps back, again!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment